The F4949 (AN/AVS-9) night vision system is the standard night flying system for the air crews of the U.S. Air Force and Navy and is in service with militaries worldwide.
Rotary-wing versions of the F4949 (AN/AVS-9) feature a rear-mounted, low-profile battery pack, which uses four AA batteries, allowing operation for more than 50 hours. Power is provided by a cable extending from the battery pack, over the helmet, and into a connector in the mount. Advanced Defense Systems, Inc.’s F4949 (AN/AVS-9) series of aviator’s night vision systems is available in over 40 different configurations. The type of aircraft and type of helmet being used will determine the configuration that is appropriate for each particular user. The lightweight binocular can be mounted to a variety of aviator helmets, including the SPH-4B, the HGU-56/P, and various ALPHA configurations.
- Gen 3 gated Pinnacle® tubes provide the highest performance available under all light levels encountered during night flying operations
- Improved objective lens focus maximizes image clarity at all times
- Optional clip-on power source allows ANVIS usage without helmet
- Independent eye-span adjustment (IPD) and 25-mm eye relief eyepiece accommodate eyeglasses
- Low-profile battery pack improves head mobility for aviator while in cockpit and offers increase battery life
- Class A, B, C, and UK 645 minus-blue filters for objective lens available to suit all types of cockpit lighting, including color displays and fighter HUDs
For more information on our products, please contact us.